At Saint Joseph’s Shankill we aspire to lead the way in dementia care in Ireland. We were awarded the Excellence in Dementia Care award at the 2018 NHI Awards, the 2020 Charity Impact Winners and we have been awarded the Volunteer Ireland Investing in Volunteers recognition.
At Saint Joseph’s we have six homes or lodges are they are known, for people living with dementia; these lodges are a home from home for our residents. We care for our residents in a very specific way depending on their needs and their stage of dementia and we focus on making them know they matter to us. We need the very best people to join the team!
The right people will to ensure that all our residents living with dementia, feel wanted and needed, supported and loved and most of all that they feel alive. Are you one of these people, that can make a difference every day?
Current Job Vacancies
We require someone who:
- Current registration on the General / Psychiatric division of the register maintained by Nursing and Midwifery Board of Ireland (NMBI)
- Minimum of two years at Clinical Nurse Manager level or equivalent in a healthcare or hospital setting and current experience in care of the elderly/dementia
- Comprehensive understanding of Clinical Governance, Quality Management including relevant clinical standards
- Demonstrate excellent communication (both verbal and written), organisational skills, flexibility and commitment
- Demonstrates high capacity for leadership and management.
- Ability to lead the change process, from problem recognition to change implementation and evaluation.
- A post graduate diploma in gerontology or dementia is desirable.
- Has the vision to lead a person centred team.
- Is intuitive, emotionally intelligent, spontaneous and flexible.