We pride ourselves in specialist dementia care we provide here at Saint Joseph’s Shankill. We understand that caring for someone living with dementia at home is difficult in in some instances may no longer be possible at home. We also understand that the decision to move into long-term care can be a stressful time and we aim to make the transition as smooth as possible.
Your main contact with us will be our Director of Nursing; Norma Sheehan.
Coming to live at Saint Joseph’s involves a number of stages;
- The first step is to arrange a visit with Norma (Director of Nursing) or another member of our management team if she is not available, to meet with you and your family or carer. You can tour the Centre, ask questions and discuss your personal needs and indeed any concerns you may have about planning the move to Saint Joseph’s and how best to prepare with your loved one.
- You can then put your name on our waiting list. When we have a vacancy, we will contact you or the family member you nominate.
- A pre-admission assessment of your care needs is carried out. This is to make sure that we all the necessary skills, knowledge and equipment to support you.
- All the administrative/financial paperwork involved, ie, Contract of Care, is then organised and completed.
- You can find more information about our person centred, household model of care here.
Norma Sheehan – Director of Nursing
Dial: +353 1 282 3000 Mon-Friday 8.30am – 17.00pm