We pride ourselves in specialist dementia care we provide here at Saint Joseph’s Shankill. We understand that caring for someone living with dementia at home is difficult in in some instances may no longer be possible at home. We also understand that the decision to move into long-term care can be a stressful time and we aim to make the transition as smooth as possible.
Coming to live at Saint Joseph’s involves a number of stages;
- The first step is to put your name on our waiting list.
- When we have a vacancy, we will contact you or the family member you nominate.
- A pre-admission assessment of your care needs is carried out. This is to make sure that we all the necessary skills, knowledge and equipment to support you.
- All the administrative/financial paperwork involved, ie, Contract of Care, is then organised and completed.
- You can find more information about our person centred, household model of care here.
Rest assured all our team are here to help and support the whole family through this transition.
We have a culture of care at Saint Joseph’s that is called the Meaningful Care Matters ‘Butterfly’ model of care. We also partner with the Irish Hospice Foundation and are a part of the CEOL network. We feel that people living here still need to feel a real part of their community, so we get out and about and engage in community activities when we can.
Dial: +353 1 282 3000 Mon-Friday 8.30am – 17.00pm